Let’s talk about Pinterest marketing predictions for 2022.
There’s no doubt that since 2020, Pinterest has changed. We have a push for more shopping features as well as keeping people on the platform longer.
I would label 2021 as the year Pinterest changed and 2022 as the year we see how pinners will adapt to the change.
PINTEREST MARKETING PREDICTIONS FOR 2022
So what does Simple Pin Media predict will be important on Pinterest in 2022?
- E-commerce sellers especially will need a healthy balance between organic and paid ads.
- Idea Pins will continue to be important for organic traffic – helping to build up engagement, impressions and followers.
- Idea Pins will elevate income for bloggers with affiliate opportunities, which allows people to make more money off their affiliate sales in a way we haven’t see before on Pinterest.
- To follow up on this monetization strategy, the Creators Hub for earning money from Pinterest will become lucrative. Which means a slight shift towards more influencer-based marketing, but with more of a Pinterest twist. Not so “in the moment” like we see on Instagram, but products or tools we use long-term. More evergreen.
- You’re going to have to get in front of the camera to record video, which is something you’re not used to with Pinterest marketing.
- Video Pins are going to gain traction.
Predictions I’m unsure about as we head into the new year:
—> Pinterest TV will either live or die. I’m not sure how people are going to take to this, so the jury is still out.
—> Pinterest Takes…I’m still not sure about this one.
How the pinner will adapt to all this change is still on the table. I believe Pinterest has a plan to train pinners how to shop on Pinterest, so jumping on the Idea Pin creation train will be good for creators as the pinners “catch-on” in the coming year.
Tell us your thoughts on these predictions and share yours with us on Instagram — @simplepinmedia.
For Further Listening/Reading: