Welcome to the Pinterest Tutorials Hub!
Pinterest is a search and discovery platform perfectly placed for e-commerce sellers, bloggers, service providers, and coaches to get traffic.
Why? Because the pinner (the person who uses Pinterest) goes there to search for ideas, products, or tools that will make their life easier or simply more fun. Chances are your ideal customer or reader is already using the site, but it’s up to you to know how to get in front of them.
That’s where things can get tricky, knowing HOW. That’s where this Pinterest Tutorials Hub comes in handy!
At Simple Pin Media, our goal is to make Pinterest marketing simple, easy, and actionable without taking you down any crazy rabbit trails. You don’t have time for that and frankly, we don’t have time to try and lead you astray. Therefore, we have created several “how-to” tutorial posts for Pinterest marketing that will help you get the information you need as quickly as possible.
Each post is linked below with a small description of what the post will teach you. Pin this post, bookmark it, or whatever you do to save helpful posts you need to reference often.
Pinterest Marketing Basics
To create the best Pinterest marketing plan, you must have a business account, a branded profile, and boards that reflect what you plan to sell or write about. Follow these guides to get up and running fast on Pinterest.
If you’re a total beginner and want more support, we have a free, 4-part newsletter to help you get up and running quickly. Subscribe to the Pinterest marketing newbie series.
If you’ve never used Pinterest before, I highly encourage you to pick up your phone and browse around. What does the average person see? How do you think they are using Pinterest? If you can understand the end-user, you’re off to a great start.
- How to Create a Pinterest Business Account
- How to Convert a Personal Account into a Business Account
- Complete Guide to Rich Pins
- Optimizing Pinterest Boards
- Optimizing a Squarespace Website for Pinterest
- Pinterest Board Sections: What They Are and How to Use Them
- Keys to Pinterest Marketing Success
- Keys to Marketing Consistently
- Why We’re Still Invested in Pinterest
- How to Grow on Pinterest
- Keys to Building Brand Awareness on Pinterest
- Getting Started with Pinterest Marketing
- How to Get More Pinterest Saves
- How to Plan Your Pinterest Marketing in 2023
- 2023 Planner for Pinterest Marketing
- Idea Pin Planning
Pinterest Search Optimization — Keywords
Keywords create the “search” in search and discovery of Pinterest. The pinner puts in the word or the phrase of what they are searching and Pinterest populates those results based on what is written in the pin description.
It’s important to sound natural, helpful, and like a human. Nope, keyword stuffing won’t work on this platform.
For a list of keywords and trends on Pinterest that will work for each month and season download our free Simple Pin Seasonal Keyword Planner.
- How to Keyword on Pinterest
- Pinterest Trends
- Pinterest Visual Search
- How to Use Pinterest Visual Search Tool
- How to Choose the Right Pinterest Keywords
Creating a Stellar Pinterest Image
Pinterest images are the first hook when a user scrolls the platform or searches for ideas. It’s what’s in the picture that draws them in to take a closer look. Once they get that look, they’ll either ask for more or move onto more options. You want them to ask for more and click through to your site.
Learn how to create click-worthy images for Pinterest by downloading this free Pinterest image guide.
Then, check out these image-relevant Pinterest tutorials to learn best practices re: Pinterest image size, use of text overlay, CTAs, and more:
- How to create the best Pinterest images
- Pinterest Image Q & A
- How to Create Pinterest-friendly Images with Your iPhone
- How to A/B Test Pinterest Images
- How to Upload a Video on Pinterest
- How to Create a Video Strategy for Pinterest
Sometimes things go haywire and you need to do a little looking under the hood to fix Pinterest problems. Here are some Pinterest tutorials designed to help you fix and update your Pinterest boards or profile.
- How To Reinstate a Suspended Pinterest Account
- How to Create Custom Board Covers on Pinterest
- Spring Cleaning Pinterest Boards
Using Pinterest Scheduling Tools
There’s been debate over the years about whether or not scheduling tools are okay to use. This long-held myth came from an idea that originated from a Facebook theory. But Pinterest is different and has partnered with businesses to endorsed them as Pinterest marketing partners.
- Using Later for Pinterest and Instagram scheduling
- Top 4 Pinterest-approved schedulers for small businesses
Analytics is the key to understanding your customer habits. What pins they engage with, how they get to your site, and what they do once they land there. It can feel confusing and overwhelming, but in the end, it’s just data telling a story.
Oftentimes, we loop in our “gut” feeling instead of going with the numbers. Let analytics be the guide, not your “gut”.
- How to Use Pinterest Analytics
- Why Analytics Should Define Your Strategy
- How to Use Pinterest Pin Statistics to Inform Your Pinterest Strategy
- The Ultimate Pinterest Analytics Guide
Paid advertising on Pinterest can be confusing for some folks. Does it work like Facebook ads, Instagram ads, and is the paid advertising as inexpensive as on other platforms?
These tutorial posts/podcasts break down everything you need to know about how to get started with Pinterest Promoted Pins (Pinterest ads).
- Pinterest Ads: Tips for the DIY Marketer
- Pinterest Ads: Tips for 2022
- 3 Mistakes You’re Making with Pinterest Ads
- How to Prep for Pinterest Ads
- What are Idea Ads on Pinterest?
- Pinterest Ads Update for 2022
Pinterest for product sellers
Pinterest has really leaned in to e-commerce over the last few years, with new features, product tagging, the Verified Merchant Program, and much more. This is a great time for product sellers to get cracking on the platform!
Here are some of our most recent podcast episodes around e-commerce.
- How to Set Up Pinterest Catalogs for Verified Merchant Program
- How to Sell on Pinterest: Shopping Features Explained
- Pinterest Shopping Features Update – Product Tagging in Idea Pins
- New Pinterest Tool for e-commerce: How to Use Conversion Insights
- Jewelry Marketing on Pinterest
- Pinterest, America’s Shopping Mall
- How to Market Your Products For the Holidays
Advanced Pinterest Strategies
If you’re ready to go deep, we have some fun ways to challenge you with your Pinterest marketing plan. These strategies will work for product sellers, content creators, or service providers.
The goal is to just have fun testing and playing around with something new. Oftentimes that’s all we need to get out of our ho-hum, daily grind pattern.
- Pinterest Carousel Pins: What They are and How to Create Them
- How to Rebrand on Pinterest
- Pinterest Creator Rewards Program Explained
- What is Pinterest TV?
- Finding the ROI in Marketing
- Growing a Pinterest Marketing Business
- Can You Make Money on Pinterest?
- The Benefits of Business Partnerships
- What is a Pinterest Virtual Assistant?
- How to Test Your Pinterest Strategy
Phew! That’s a lot of helpful guidance! Check back often, as we’ll continue to update this Hub as new Pinterest tutorials become available.